Canadian show
s***@gmail.com
2011-10-22 09:32:49 UTC
Bruce, you might check for llama organizations in Canada to locate
shows. They may be done til spring.
Be careful if you have loose dogs that threaten you. Here, many of us
would carry a handgun, but that is not an option in Canada.
Susan R
Bruce Atchison - author
2011-10-22 14:28:29 UTC
Hi Susan;

That's a good idea to look for local shows. I'll Google for Shows in central
Alberta. I'm sure there must be llama organizations somewhere. I saw a
lovely photo of an alpaca and her owner in the local paper a while back.

By the way, my neighbour who owns the land behind my house had llamas but
she developed problems with her knees. She's had to sell or give away all of
her animals. I'm worried that she'll move and a bunch of idiots will buy her
property. I'm praying that nice folks move in so that this quiet hamlet
stays quiet.

As for the loose dogs, they're a danger to smaller pets and children as
well. I've complained to the dog catcher but he shows up far too late to do
anything. What he should do is periodically drive through town. Late
afternoon is one of the best times as many folks let their dogs loose then.
Meanwhile, I'll see if I can get some bear spray.

Sincerely,

Bruce Atchison - author of When a Man Loves a Rabbit and Deliverance from
Jericho.

www.bruceatchison.blogspot.com