Sulmet
Randy
2010-08-04 19:07:28 UTC
Anyone using Sulmet for their llamas ?
It's something that gets added to the drinking water for the
prevention of Coccidiosis in our goats. Our goats, dogs and llama all
share the same water tanks.
Susan Gawarecki
2010-08-25 00:25:39 UTC
Hi Randy,

Sorry to be replying so late...I went to Poland for a couple of weeks
and am still catching up.

I've treated coccidiosis in llamas with Sulmet. They hated the taste
and chose to go without water rather than drink it. So I ended up
administering it orally mixed with applesauce. Let us know your experience.

Susan G
share the same water tanks.
Randy
How was Poland ?
Susan Gawarecki
2010-08-30 22:06:03 UTC
Post by Randy
Thanks.
How was Poland ?
Poland was wonderful. I went with my parents, and we visited Krakow and
some surrounding villages & the foothills of the Tatra Mountains, then
went up to the Warsaw area. We were able to find a lot of info on my
dad's paternal family, including finding his grandparents' grave and
visiting with a fairly close (not previously known) relative.

Poland is a great value for tourism--an interesting country with
wonderful food and pleasant scenery. They've certainly had a rough 20th
century, but are rebuilding their country with enthusiasm. Also, the
people are very helpful and hospitable.

Regards, Susan G
Randy
Kolachi's ?
Susan Gawarecki
2010-09-07 22:46:15 UTC
Post by Randy
And the food was ?
Kolachi's ?
No, that's something you get in Texas, I think. Poland has a variety of
pierogis (dumplings) stuffed with all sorts of fillings. Wonderful
soups (mushroom, borscht, sour rye). Duck and veal dishes are common.
It was wild mushroom season when we were there, and so there were
chanterelle and bolete dishes and sauces. Yum! I also had an excellent
cabbage roll with veal filling. There aren't a lot of vegetable dishes,
but they do have interesting shredded salads of cabbage or carrot, sort
of like coleslaw but with vinagarette or savory dressings. Everything
was very tasty.

Susan G
Randy
2010-09-09 21:27:22 UTC
Post by Randy
And the food was ?
Kolachi's ?
No, that's something you get in Texas, I think.  Poland has a variety of
  pierogis (dumplings) stuffed with all sorts of fillings.  Wonderful
soups (mushroom, borscht, sour rye).  Duck and veal dishes are common.
It was wild mushroom season when we were there, and so there were
chanterelle and bolete dishes and sauces.  Yum!  I also had an excellent
cabbage roll with veal filling.  There aren't a lot of vegetable dishes,
but they do have interesting shredded salads of cabbage or carrot, sort
of like coleslaw but with vinagarette or savory dressings.  Everything
was very tasty.
Susan G
Nah, a Kolachi is a Polish pastry. Very tasty.
But then again most Polish food is.