Do people walk their llamas like dogs often?
Ant
2018-09-17 04:10:30 UTC
This morning, I saw a couple walking their male llama. I was like woah.
The couples said they do it twice a week which is weird/odd because I
have never seen them before since I moved in this rural area in late
2014. :O
--
* <-- Tribble ... *********************** <-- Tribbles imitating ants
(unknown author)
| |o o| | http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
\ _ /
( )
William Bagwell
2018-09-22 13:59:56 UTC
Post by Ant
This morning, I saw a couple walking their male llama. I was like woah.
The couples said they do it twice a week which is weird/odd because I
have never seen them before since I moved in this rural area in late
2014. :O
Yes they do. We only walked ours occasionally and then mostly on our
own property. Did take a few of the better trained / well behaved
ones as far as a half mile up the (gravel) road we live on.

Some folks take them on long hikes with the llamas carrying packs.
Never really used it but had a small pack I bought used from someone
here who was upgrading to a larger more efficient pack.

Also carting, very light weight carts with what looks like bicycle
wheels. Probably some videos still up if you curious. Looked like a
lot of fun but too rich for us. Always broke from the feed and vet
bills:-(
William
Ant
2018-09-23 17:14:53 UTC
Post by William Bagwell
Post by Ant
This morning, I saw a couple walking their male llama. I was like woah.
The couples said they do it twice a week which is weird/odd because I
have never seen them before since I moved in this rural area in late
2014. :O
Yes they do. We only walked ours occasionally and then mostly on our
own property. Did take a few of the better trained / well behaved
ones as far as a half mile up the (gravel) road we live on.
Some folks take them on long hikes with the llamas carrying packs.
Never really used it but had a small pack I bought used from someone
here who was upgrading to a larger more efficient pack.
Also carting, very light weight carts with what looks like bicycle
wheels. Probably some videos still up if you curious. Looked like a
lot of fun but too rich for us. Always broke from the feed and vet
bills:-(
Ah. Yeah, this llama didn't carrying anything. The couples were just
walking with it. It was cute. We chatted and got a few pictures.
Children love them when the couples take to places with him. It's
something you don't always see. I had lived here since the summer of
2014 and never saw them before even though they said they have walked
there before (didn't see them this morning). Ha. I have seen a couple
horse riders on their horses once too. :P
--
"Even the wishes of a small ant reach heaven." --Japanese