what about groundsel?
David V.
2010-04-27 02:35:28 UTC
Some say it's toxic, others say not so much to ruminants.

Anyone here have an opinion on the stuff?
--
Dave

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is
putting on its shoes."
Mark Twain
Randy
Never heard of it before.
Susan Gawarecki
2010-04-27 17:56:12 UTC
I responded to this question on the llama Yahoogroup. Groundsel is a
cumulative liver toxin, with most exposures occurring via hay. I'd vote
NO on getting it. Google is your friend.

Susan G
Never heard of it before.
David V.
2010-04-28 02:12:39 UTC
Post by Susan Gawarecki
I responded to this question on the llama Yahoogroup.
Groundsel is a cumulative liver toxin, with most exposures
occurring via hay. I'd vote NO on getting it. Google is your
friend.
I looked it up, but I like to hear other opinions. One site said
that it is OK for goats and other such ruminants. The toxin is
neutralized in the gut. Sounds kind of iffy though. It's probably
better to be safe than buy a years worth of bad hay.