anybody home?
lee
2017-10-12 02:01:30 UTC
so... my last llama died 18 months ago at the age of 21. i couldn't find
anyone locally selling llamas, plus i'm getting a little old to shove
300 pound critters around, so i now have Finnsheep.
is Randy or anyone still here? William? or is your bot just autoposting
the FAQ?
lee <enigma>
William Bagwell
2017-10-14 02:44:47 UTC
No bot, I manually post the FAQ once a year in June. Sad, not only
is a.a.l dead were down to just one mailing list which only wakes up
when someone has an issue. Can remember when there were three large
ones getting a hundred+ posts a day and several smaller ones.

Hope your last llama standing was a sweet one! Ours was not...

William
lee <enigma>
Ivan Shmakov
2017-10-14 09:10:28 UTC
so... my last llama died 18 months ago at the age of 21. i couldn't
find anyone locally selling llamas, plus i'm getting a little old to
shove 300 pound critters around, so i now have Finnsheep. is Randy
or anyone still here? William? or is your bot just autoposting the
FAQ?
No bot, I manually post the FAQ once a year in June. Sad, not only
is a.a.l dead were down to just one mailing list which only wakes up
when someone has an issue. Can remember when there were three large
ones getting a hundred+ posts a day and several smaller ones.
Apparently email is too tough a medium for an average computer
Joe to utilize nowadays, and netnews even more so. I'd expect
there to be one or more proprietary fora on the topic, though.

Personally, I have a somewhat tangential (and rather "theoretical")
interest in camelids (along with considerable dislike for
proprietary technologies), so I'll try to participate in the
discussions to appear in this group. (Should there be any.)

[...]
--
FSF associate member #7257 http://am-1.org/~ivan/ 7D17 4A59 6A21 3D97 6DDB